Insert body text here...
Membership is open to all persons interested in all aspects of German Shepherd Dog matters. Benefits include reduce show entry fees and inclusion in the Club's annual competition. Members must be 18 or over. Junior membership is available at a reduced rate but is a non-voting role
If you would like to become a Member please read the Club's Rules and Regulations. You may download the application form by clicking on the link below.
Full Membership £5 Single and £8 Double
Senior Membership - Half Price
Junior Membership £1.00 up to 18 years
Insert body text here ...
GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB OF WALES
RULES AND REGULATIONS UPDATED WITH AMENDMENT FEBRUARY 2019
1. Full membership is open to all persons interested in German Shepherd Dog matters. Associate Membership, for the purpose of training other breeds at Obedience and Agility, will be non-voting. Candidates for all membership shall be proposed by a Full Member and seconded by another Full Member and elected by the committee (two negatives shall exclude) who shall have the power to refuse, without giving reasons why to candidate.
2. Each candidate for membership shall make application on a form provided by the Club for that purpose and shall forward it to the Secretary of the Club. Such forms shall include the following declaration: ‘I/We the undersigned do hereby apply for Membership of the GSD Club of Wales and undertake to abide by the Rules in force at the present time and as varied thereafter in accordance with the constitutional Rules of the Club.’
3. The annual subscription shall be:
Full Membership - £5.00 single and £8.00 double
Senior members – Half price
Junior Membership - £1.00 up to 18 years, non-voting
4. No member whose subscription is unpaid shall be entitled to any of the privileges of membership and if any member fails to pay the annual subscription by 1st February, the committee shall have the power to erase his/her name from the list of members, as he/she will be deemed to have resigned.
5. The Officers of the Club shall be elected 3 yearly.
6. The Committee (five of who shall retire annually, but shall be eligible for re-election) shall conduct the affairs of the Club. Meetings of the Committee shall be held as often as deemed necessary and at which a quorum of five must be in attendance for the transaction of business.
7. The Committee shall consist of Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer and a Committee of up to ten; the Committee may elect one of whom as Vice-Chairman and one as Assist Hon Secretary.
Simultaneous committee membership is prohibited for spousal partners. However, family members not living at the same address may stand for committee. Committee members would be expected to assist at shows and training nights
8. Any member of the Committee failing to attend three consecutive meetings forfeits office, unless a satisfactory reason of absence is given.
9. The Committee may fill any vacancy on the Committee caused by death or resignation on the understanding that the elected member shall retire at the next AGM.
10. Members will receive 28 days notice of all General Meetings, but notice of such meetings published in ‘Breed Council Magazine’ shall be deemed sufficient. Such notice must contain all relevant information concerning the meeting and business to be conducted.
11. The Officers of Club acknowledge that, during the month of January each year, Maintenance of Title fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary or by Direct Debit, for continuance of registration and that by 31st July each year, other returns, as stipulated in the Kennel Club Regulations for the Registration and Maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Council and the Affiliation of Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities, will be forwarded to the Kennel Club. The Officers also acknowledge their duty to inform the Kennel Club of any change of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
12. The financial year of the Club shall be from 1st January to 31st December, after which date a balance sheet shall be prepared and audited for presentation to the Annual General Meeting, to be held as soon as possible each year. NOTE: one qualified Accountant or two unqualified individuals with accountancy experience must carry out Certification of accounts.
13. The Annual General Meeting shall be held for the following purposes: To receive the report of the Committee and the presentation of the balance sheet. To elect Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary every 3 years and 5 Committee members annually, by vote of members present. To nominate and elect President and 3 Vice-Presents annually. To discuss any resolution duly placed on the agenda of which prior notice has been given to the Hon. Secretary. Such notice to be in writing at least 14 years prior to the meeting.
14. The Secretary shall call a Special General Meeting if any six members send a signed petition stating the subject to be discussed at a Special General Meeting.
15. The rules of Club shall not be altered except at an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting, notice of which includes details of the proposal to alter the Rules. Such alterations shall not be brought into force until the Kennel Club has been advised and has given its approval to the alterations. New Rules or amendments introduced specifically to meet Kennel Club requirements shall be adopted immediately and included in the Clubs Constitution with effect from the Clubs Annual Meeting. No business shall be transacted at an Annual General Meeting unless notice thereof appears on the agenda with the exception of routine matters or those, which in the opinion of the Chairman of the meeting are urgent.
16. To alter, add or delete a Rule 75% votes in favour will have to be recorded.
17. Parliamentary procedure shall be adopted at all meetings.
18. The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee and in the event of the Club ceasing to exist a General Meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of any assets.
19. If a Registered Club is wound up or ceases to be a Registered Club under these Regulations, a final statement of audited accounts with a record of the disposal of the property of the Club shall be forwarded to the Kennel Club within six months. Persons named as Officers and Committee of the Club on the last return furnished to the Kennel Club, will be held responsible by the Kennel Club for the proper winding up of the Club.
20. All revenues of the Club shall be paid into the Club’s bank account and from which withdrawals shall only be made on the signatures of two or more officers, one of whom shall be the Treasurer.
21. Winners of the Club’s cups and trophies will be responsible for their safe return in good and clean condition, these to be returned within 7 days at the request of the Secretary.
22. ‘Any member who shall be suspended under Kennel Club A42j(4) and/or disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42j(8) shall ipso facto cease to be a Member of the Club for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification. If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee of the Club, be injurious to or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club, the Committee of the Club may, at a meeting, the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the Member, determine that a Special General Meeting of the Club be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the Special General Meeting shall be sent to the accused member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the Meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the Meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two-thirds majority of the members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of Members, and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a Member of the Club, except he/she may, within 2 calendar months from the date of such Meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon and subject to such condition as the Kennel Club may impose.’
23. If the club expels any Member for discreditable conduct in connection with dogs, Dog Shows, Trials or Competitions the Club must report the matter in writing to the Kennel Club within seven days and supply any particulars required.
24. The Kennel Club is the final authority for interpreting the Rules and Regulations of the Club in all cases relative to Canine or Club matters.
25. The Club shall not join in any Federation of Societies or Clubs.
26. The Headquarters of the German Shepherd Dog Club of Wales shall remain within the boundaries of the City of Cardiff.
27. A list of members names and address shall be prepared, amended as required and be sent to the Kennel Club together with the Annual Returns and, if so requested, make an up to date list of members available for inspection by the Kennel Club and Members of the Club.
28. No person whilst being an un-discharged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
29. In the event of the GSD Club of Wales ceasing to operate, net assets remaining after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be divided between GSD Welfare and other canine welfare societies based within Wales. Any such society will be named after research into its financial standing and longevity; this would be reviewed annually and amended if needed.